Food Hygiene and Safety
This Food Hygiene course comprises five easy-to-follow study units.
This is a very popular course which is used widely across the hospitality and care sectors and is equivalent to the levels 2/3 Food Hygiene Certificate.
Learners gain a comprehensive overview covering information, advice and guidance on all the fundamental aspects of food hygiene. Key topics include food contamination, principles of food storage and relevant legislation.
The course is broken down into 5 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Introduction to Food Hygiene and Safety
- Food-Bourne Illnesses
- Understanding Food Law
- Storing and Cooking
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Give examples of how food can be spoiled or contaminated and the consequent risks.
- Identify common causes of cross-contamination and the implications of this.
- Thaw, cook, cool and reheat food in accordance with good practice.
- Describe the key elements of excellence in food hygiene.
- Explain the meaning of the terms ‘food hygiene’ and ‘food safety’.
- Identify the causes of cross-contamination and effective methods of prevention.
Benefit to learner and employer.
Regardless of industry or sector, most employees are now required to undertake some form of CPD.
The updating of skills and knowledge is critical in keeping abreast of industry changes and maintaining professional competence.
Upon successfully completing the online compliance courses and passing any associated assessments, the learner is able to download and print off their own certificate as evidence of learning and CPD hours completed.
These courses can be completed at any time 24/7, meaning they fit perfectly around anybody’s schedule.
It’s an ideal and affordable way for individuals and businesses alike to ensure knowledge and compliance is always up to date and relevant.